Creamy Cacao Popsicles
I ate fudgesicles a lot as a kid and these taste so much like them! You would never even guess that the base was avocado, weird I know but it totally works.
These creamy cacao pops are super easy to make and you can adjust the sweetness to your liking. I used a combination of honey dates and coconut sugar. It is a perfect summer snack or dessert so grab your blender and let’s get started!
Note if you do not have popsicle molds this recipe makes an amazing chocolate pudding! Just follow all of the instructions and instead of spooning it into molds at the end just spoon into a bowl and enjoy! The pudding will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
CREAMY CACAO POPSICLES
- 10 pitted honey dates
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. coconut butter (not coconut oil!)
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 c. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- Start by soaking the dates in the 1/2 water for 30 minutes.
- Blend the 1 c. water with coconut butter until you have a nice coconut milk (you can also just use 1 c. of coconut milk here). Add the dates and their soaking water and blend until dates are processed well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. I used the tamper with my Vitamix as this is a very thick mixture. Adjust the sweetness.
- At this point you can eat it just like chocolate pudding or spoon it into your popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 5 hours and then enjoy! Popsicles will keep for a week in the freezer, good luck keeping them around that long!
- Run the molds under warm water to loosen the popsicles, mine always get stuck in there really well.