BAKED SQUASH & KALE BOWL WITH MISO TAHINI SAUCE
Ingredients // Serves 2
- 1 c. black beans, cooked
- 3/4 c. wild rice, cooked
- 1 c. steamed kale
- 2 c. summer squash, sliced length-wise and chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp. olive oil
- Celtic sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 c. raw sauerkraut (optional)
For the sauce:
- 1/4 c. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. white miso
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4-3/4 c. water
- Fresh ground pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss squash in a medium mixing bowl with the olive oil. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- While oven is preheating make the sauce. Add the tahini, miso, lemon juice and 1/4 c. of the water to a small high speed blender. Blend.
- Add more water if it is too thick to achieve your desired consistency. Adjust flavors to your taste. Pour into a mason jar and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Bake squash for 12 minutes or until golden on the edges. Halfway through baking flip with a spatula to ensure even cooking. Remove from oven when done.
- Divide beans, rice, kale, squash and optional sauerkraut into two bowls. Add miso tahini sauce on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!